Vegan Creamy Truffle Mushroom Pasta
One of my fave new go-to meals for dinner is this Creamy Truffle Mushroom Pasta. It's super easy, flavorful and tastes even better the next day. This recipe is vegan and can easily be made gluten-free by using chickpea pasta. I love to use chickpea pasta because it:
1) is gluten-free
2) is high in protein
3) tastes just as good as regular boxed pasta
a win-win and two reasons why I do not have to ever buy regular pasta ever again.
Of course, you can use regular pasta, but I love to share why I love me some chickpea pasta :-)
This dish can be made in about 20 minutes flat and makes about 6 servings.
I love the flavors of the truffle oil, savory mushrooms, garlic and onion all together. The cheese is an obvious choice, because it adds even more creaminess. You can omit the vegan mozzarella if you like. The parmesan can stand on its own with this dish, but I had some vegan mozzarella on hand, tried it in this dish and loved the added creaminess it gave.
You can use baby bella/cremini/white mushrooms varieties (I used baby bella).
- 12 oz box of penne pasta (or about 250 grams of other pasta)
- 1 tbsp of white truffle oil, I used Truff brand
- 2 cups baby bella sliced mushrooms
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp of vegan butter
- 1/4 yellow onion, chopped⠀
- 1 tsp black pepper ground
- 1 tsp salt, I use Pink Himalayan salt
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of Vegan Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of vegan mozzarella cheese (optional, but makes it creamier)
- Optional but yummy garnishes: Truffle Zest and fresh chives (can be subbed for green onion)
Add the pasta to salted boiling water. Cook as per instructions minus about 2 minutes of cooking time.
In a large deep pan add the truffle oil to the pan on low heat.
Add the minced garlic and chopped onion and sauté on low heat until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
Add mushrooms and sauté another 2 minutes.
Add milk and allow ingredients to simmer for another few minutes and stir.
Now your pasta should be ready-drain and rinse under cold water (do not skip this step if you are using gluten free pasta).
Transfer pasta slowly and stir slowly.
Add vegan mozzarella, vegan butter, salt and pepper. Stir in until all blended, about 2-3 minutes.
Serve with grated Vegan Parmesan and chives/green onion garnish.
Enjoy! Let me know if you make it. All my social media handles are at the top right of the page.